Xfce 4.11 (development version) repo

Xfce 4.11, the development release in the journey towards the next stable 4.12, was released recently. I have built some Xfce 4.11 components for Fedora 20 and rawhide in COPR. It is not complete yet - xfce4-session is missing for one. I have not seen any problems in my test virtual machines or on my laptop - but that's no assurance. For those who want to try, repository links are below. But first,

** Do not use bugzilla for reporting bugs for this COPR package **

Here is the link to my Xfce - 4.11 repo - https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/nonamedotc/xfce411/

Although, page shows Fedora 19 repo, do NOT try these packages on Fedora 19.

Good luck! :)

Comments

  1. Look fine so far. Thanks for packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving much needed love to Xfce in fedora.

    Don't know whether you are individually maintaining this repo or not!

    Probably Mr. Kevin Fenzi (nirik), Mr. Christoph Wickert (cwickert) and some others will be much helpful to you in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your work, Xfce it's a really important alternative for Fedora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I sent you an e-mail, I tried Xfce 4.11 on Fedora 20 64-bit,
    and sleep/hibernate became not active. Have you observed this?\

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have seen that in Rawhide. But, if you choose suspend from the power manager icon on the notification, suspend works fine. I have not had a chance to look in to yet in detail.

      Thanks for letting me know about this issue though. I will look at it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful themes for Fedora - update

Beautiful themes for Fedora

Playing with plymouth themes